On 07.12.2015 18:08, Andrey Ptashnik wrote:
Dear Team,

I’m trying to remove DNS records from IPA server and getting following error: "ipa: ERROR: webapps001.mz984: DNS resource record not found" I suspect that there was such server "webapps001.mz984" in the past properly added to IPA server via “spa-client-install” utility , but it was probably crashed and removed from the network without running "ipa-client-install —uninstall”.

I’m able to locate this record via CLI:

[root@ipa-idm]# ipa dnsrecord-find 123.xyz.com mz984
  Record name: webapps001.mz984
  A record: 10.16.9.232
----------------------------
Number of entries returned 1
----------------------------
[root@ipa-idm]#

This is what happens when I’m trying to delete this record:

[root@ipa-idm]# ipa dnsrecord-del 123.xyz.com. webapps001.mz984 --a-rec 10.16.9.232
ipa: ERROR: webapps001.mz984: DNS resource record not found
[root@ipa-idm]#

This is my DNS zone config:

[root@ipa-idm]# ipa dnszone-show 123.xyz.com
  Zone name: 123.xyz.com.
  Active zone: TRUE
  Authoritative nameserver: ipa-idm.123.xyz.com.
  Administrator e-mail address: hostmaster.123.xyz.com.
  SOA serial: 1449502971
  SOA refresh: 1800
  SOA retry: 900
  SOA expire: 604800
  SOA minimum: 900
  Allow query: any;
  Allow transfer: 10.xxx.xxx.xxx
[root@ipa-idm]#

[root@ipa-idm]# ipa dnsconfig-show
  Allow PTR sync: TRUE
[root@ipa-idm]#

In Web GUI when I’m trying to search for this particular record “Operations Error” window appears with "DNS resource record not found” error message.

Are there any ways to forcefully delete such stalled records or find out the root cause of this error message?

Regards,

Andrey Ptashnik

Hello,

please execute:
ipa dnsrecord-find 123.xyz.com mz984  --all --raw

I suspect that they might be a replication conflict, I need to see output of command to be sure.

Martin