On Wed, 16 Dec 2015, Giulio Casella wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm trying to populate FreeIPA (4.2.3) using API, but after user creation (and password has been set) user must change password at first logon. Same beahviour after a password change by admin.

Although this behaviour is desirable in many situations, I can't afford it, I've got to import tens of thousands users, and I can't force them to change their password.
How can I bypass this password change?

And, by the way: is there a way to disable password expiration?
http://www.freeipa.org/page/New_Passwords_Expired

If you are using API to create users and set their passwords, you can
use technique like described here:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2012-June/msg00360.html

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy