On 12/17/2015 03:25 PM, Karl Forner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since we use freeIPA, every ubuntu client experiences some sporadic freezes
> with bash completion. It seems far-fetched but the other ubuntu not using
> sssd/freeipa do not experience these problems.
>
> Could it be related ? How to troubleshoot ?
>
> Regards,
> Karl

Hi Karl,

FreeIPA itself should only deliver bash completion in
/etc/bash_completion.d/ipa
around "ipa" command itself, you can try to remove it temporarily to see if
this is the reason.

It all depends when the bash completion freezes. Maybe some bash completion
plugin tries to enumerate users or groups which takes time? We need to see at
what command and on which parameter does this happen to provide advise.