On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 11:30:53AM +0100, Jan Pazdziora wrote:

> if you are running FreeIPA servers in containers, you might want to
> be aware of a change that is coming -- in branch master-systemd of
>
>       https://github.com/adelton/docker-freeipa
>
> we run the FreeIPA services via native systemd in the container,
> instead of the emulation of systemctl that the current branches and
> images use. That requires new option to be passed to the docker run

If you've tried the systemd-based installation, you might have noticed
that the output you get from docker run is different from the old
ways. Instead of the ipa-server-install output

        http://fpaste.org/306943/

you will see systemd output listing its operations on services, namely
many starts and stops:

        http://fpaste.org/306944/

The old output definitely made it easier to see what is happening,
the new output is closer to what you'd expect from IPA server on
a machine.

Similar change happens during subsequent start or upgrade from older
version of the data volome.

It should be pretty easy to bring the ipa-server-install output
back to the systemd-based containers but I wanted to check with you,
FreeIPA admins and users, to see what you'd expect and what you
prefer. Do you have a preference, or suggestion for something
completely different?

Thank you,

--
Jan Pazdziora
Senior Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat