On Wed, 06 Jan 2016, Simpson Lachlan wrote:
Hi,

New install of FreeIPA 4.2.0-15.el7.centos.3 on Centos 7.2.1511 (and
I'm very new to FreeIPA)

Following the advice I got from here:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/NIS_accounts_migration_preserving_Passwords

I dumped old shadow into a csv, then wrote a small bash script to
import all the users:

#!/bin/bash
INPUT=s.csv
IFS=,

kinit admin

[ ! -f $INPUT ] && { echo "$INPUT file not found"; exit 99; }
while read lname pw
do

   echo "Importing user $lname"
   FIRST=${lname:0:1}
   LAST=${lname:1}

   ipa user-add $lname --first $FIRST --last $LAST --setattr
userpassword={crypt}"$pw"

done < $INPUT

When I execute this, I get this error for every entry: "ipa: ERROR:
Constraint violation: pre-hashed passwords are not valid"

What have I done wrong?
Did you enable migration mode? The check in the password plugin is
conditioned on allowing pre-hashed passwords only when the migration
mode is on.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy