Might it be possible with a user-mod or group-add/group-mod to accomplish?

Just thinking outside the box I guess.
~J

On 1/13/16 7:59 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Janelle wrote:
Hello,

This may not be possible, or if it is I am going to guess it is not
going to be easy. If I have an old OpenLDAP environment with users who
never had unique UIG/GID - in other words, the GID was not unique to a
user, instead it was some global group. Well, I was hoping to migrate
over the OpenLDAP domain to IPA, but at the same time create a private
group for each user. Just wondering if this might be possible?

Example OpenLDAP
user=freddy (UID=13) , GID=123456(friday)

After migration to IPA:
user= uid=13(freddy), gid=13(freddy), groups=123456(friday)

Does that make sense?
It does but it isn't possible today. In fact the migration won't create
user private groups at all (though there is an RFE for that,
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4738 )

I don't think this is an unreasonable request. It may be an extension of
the above ticket, probably requiring a new option to deal with the
existing primary group.