OK, nice,but this user failed on kinit but is in the group where the
policy is set to 0.

Can I check on the commandline if it applies to that setting by
querying ldap in some way ? It could be that some other group
overrules in some way ?

What about sysaccounts ? They seem to be locked also with too many
logins, and this concerns me as they are not POSIX.