On 15/01/2016 15:55, Rob Crittenden wrote:
I've re-run ipa-certupdate in verbose mode and I could see that it
removes all certificates in different databases (/etc/httpd/alias,
/etc/pki/nssdb, /etc/pki/pki-tomcat/alias) and then re-adds them (apart
from /etc/pki/pki-tomcat/alias).

Yup, looks like this part is missing. Perhaps the assumption was that
the CA would be authoritative in this regard.

Is this a bug? Should this be logged somewhere so it can be looked into?

Updating the CA certs you'd want to add them to LDAP, replacing the
older ones, and then ipa-certupdate will do the rest. You'd need to run
this on all clients and servers.

This sounds like a lot of manual work will be involved when it comes to renewal.

And without clear and up-to-date information and possibly step-by-step instructions the effort needed to get this sorted is doubled.

Please note that it took us many hours to get a 3rd party SSL certificate installed (you would think a very simple task). And the truth is that without this mailing list and #freeipa channel we would still be stuck trying to get to the bottom of this.

--
Kind regards,
 Peter Pakos