On Sun, 24 Jan 2016, William Brown wrote:
On Sat, 2016-01-23 at 09:55 -0500, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jan 2016, William Brown wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm wondering about what the freeipa support policy is on adding
> > an
> > extra OU to the root of my domain, as well as my own acis. Will
> > FreeIPA
> > ignore this? Or will it potentially cause future issues?
> >
> > IE adding ou=contacts,dc=ipa,dc=example,dc=com
> There are currently no plans on introducing OUs.

I think he just wants to add his own container as an OU. If that's
the
case then yeah, IPA shouldn't even notice it. No guarantee that this
will be true forever. Similarly I think any acis on that dn will be
ignored simply because IPA would have no reason to operate there.

Yep, that is exactly what I want to do.

I'll give it a go, and will just have to be careful and watch out on
upgrades from now on then I guess.
Yep. I was a bit concise in my response but that's our reality -- we
don't plan to have OUs yet so there is nothing we can guarantee on both
being able to cause issues and not being able to cause issues.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy