Doing this on a per user basis is nice when you have only a few users.
Since I expect this to become a source of frustration in the future
for new users., is there any way to automate this with a workaround ?
ie somehow pull the groups from the ad and automagically create the
user view override ?

Cheers
Rob Verduijn