At the end of the installation of the ipa-adtrust-install, there is a message
along the lines of:

Add the following service records to your DNS server for DNS zone
unix.co.org.au:

 _ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs
 _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs
 _kerberos._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs
 _kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs
 _kerberos._udp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs
 _kerberos._udp.dc._msdcs

Which has, I think, been the cause of all of my grief.

Do these SRV records in AD represent the minimum DNS set up required in Active
Directory (my setup is a one way trust from FreeIPA to an AD over which I have
no control, and all DNS is passed up to AD)?

These records are required so that the FreeIPA server can find the AD servers?

Also, is it fair to infer that Default-First-Site-Name is in our case co.org.au?

Cheers
L.
This email (including any attachments or links) may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information and is
intended only to be read or used by the addressee.  If you
are not the intended addressee, any use, distribution,
disclosure or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited.
Confidentiality and legal privilege attached to this email
(including any attachments) are not waived or lost by
reason of its mistaken delivery to you.
If you have received this email in error, please delete it
and notify us immediately by telephone or email.  Peter
MacCallum Cancer Centre provides no guarantee that this
transmission is free of virus or that it has not been
intercepted or altered and will not be liable for any delay
in its receipt.