On 27.01.2016 22:20, Lachlan Musicman wrote:
Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm ignorant of the RH world, but when I try to do a fresh IPA install on Centos 7.2, I'm getting failures here:

  [1/27]: creating certificate server user
  [2/27]: configuring certificate server instance
ipa.ipaserver.install.cainstance.CAInstance: CRITICAL Failed to configure CA instance: Command ''/usr/sbin/pkispawn' '-s' 'CA' '-f' '/tmp/tmpAGdITu'' returned non-zero exit status 1 ipa.ipaserver.install.cainstance.CAInstance: CRITICAL See the installation logs and the following files/directories for more information: ipa.ipaserver.install.cainstance.CAInstance: CRITICAL /var/log/pki-ca-install.log ipa.ipaserver.install.cainstance.CAInstance: CRITICAL /var/log/pki/pki-tomcat
  [error] RuntimeError: CA configuration failed.
ipa.ipapython.install.cli.install_tool(Server): ERROR CA configuration failed.

[root@emts-centos71-7f ~]# ipa --version
VERSION: 4.2.0, API_VERSION: 2.156

CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)

Most importantly for me, /var/log/pki-ca-install.log doesn't exist and there is no file that looks like it anywhere on my system. Is this a bug?

cheers
L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this way."

- Grace Hopper

Hello,

do

/var/log/pki/pki-ca-spawn.*.log