Hi Rob,

On 01/29/2016 04:12 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:

> What version of server and client?

Server is freeipa 4.2 (Centos 7.2)

Client is freeipa 4.0.5 (Debian 8)

Sorry, I should have mentioned this in my first post.

I am running >200 clients in this environment, appr. 40% are
Debian Hosts with this freeipa version. One host cannot be
joined :-(.

> I gather you have installed with an external CA? How many certs are in
> /etc/ipa/ca.crt?

Yes, its an external CA. There is one cert in ca.cert: It is
the certificate of the ipa CA, signed by the expected external
root CA. I see the same on the other hosts, but of course I
checked only a few (4).

Regards
Harri