I believe the sssd clients will need to communicate directly with your AD
domain controllers, unfortunately.  I wish there was a clean way around this,
since we have a ton of DC's in our HUB site, and I don't really want to poke
holes in the firewall(s) for all of them.

Would someone from sssd/IPA mind chiming in here?  What exactly needs to be
open?  What DNS record can we query to get the exact list of DC's that need to
be available?  Is there a way to restrict the list of domain controllers that
certain sssd clients need to communicate with (for scenarios like this)?

Thanks,

Josh