Right, I haven't messed with IDMU in quite some time, so I'm not exactly sure.

Personally, I override using sssd, because all of my users use bash by default.

From: freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com
[mailto:freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com] On Behalf Of Jon
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2016 2:57 PM
Cc: freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] [freeipa-users] How to manage Linux attributes for
AD users (e.g. how do I set a shell for an AD User)

Hi Josh,

I think that's exactly the problem though, how does one set POSIX attributes in
AD from Linux guests?

The RedHat documentation has a big warning that the Microsoft IDMU has been
deprecated.

>> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Windows_Integration_Guide/ex.sssd-ad-posix.html

Surely you're not suggesting manually editing the AD Schema...?

Also, another use case is ssh keys.  I'm not even sure that IDMU has an option
for "authorized_keys"  (and FreeIPA doesn't seem to honor what's in
.ssh/authorized keys...  when that file exists I always get prompted for a
password then access denied).

I'm sure there are other per-user level attributes that are required, home
directory perhaps?, but the two big ones are shell and ssh keys.  I can't be
the only one who has a use case for managing these attributes for Active
Directory users.

Thanks,
Jon A

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Baird, Josh