Greetings,

I have a question about migrating a system from NIS to freeIPA. In my efforts of setting up a host on freeIPA I would normally use a fresh install to setup the system. I'm now at a point where I'm moving existing systems from an NIS domain to a freeIPA domain. Is it recommended to perform a clean install for every new host added to the domain?

During my testing, I have found running the ipa-client-install command does a great job of adding the host to the domain, but when I try to use the smart card it is never recognized by gdm. I tried tweaking some of the configurations to get GDM to recognize the card with no luck. Is there a checklist available that I could follow to make sure everything is configured properly? All configurations work when using a username and password.
--
*Michael Rainey*