On 23/02/16 15:04, Rob Crittenden wrote:
lejeczek wrote:
hi everybody

I'm trying server installation but it fails, I think very last leg, and
I was hoping you could suggest places which I should start looking at.

   [7/7]: configuring ipa-dnskeysyncd to start on boot
Done configuring DNS key synchronization service (ipa-dnskeysyncd).
Restarting ipa-dnskeysyncd
Restarting named
Restarting the web server
ipa.ipapython.install.cli.install_tool(Server): ERROR Configuration of
client side components failed!
ipa-client-install returned: Command ''/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install'
'--on-master' '--unattended' '--domain' '.private.my.private' '--server'
'.private.my.private' '--realm' 'PRIVATE.MY.PRIVATE' '--hostname'
'.private.my.private'' returned non-zero exit status 1

many thanks

Look in /var/log/ipaserver-install.log and
/var/log/ipaclient-install.log for a more detailed reason.

rob

thanks Rob, I was missing client part of logs.
I just have to be careful with my finely grained configuration & config files. If anybody stumbles upon similar errors - first thing to do is to make sure your already existing httpd config(s) does not exclude *.conf from Apache's main dir, which is where IPA renders its files.