On 23.02.2016 20:41, Olivier Cervello wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to delete DNS record with the /--updatedns/ options of /ipa host-del/ command.

The steps I followed were:

/
/

/root@server$ kinit admin/

/root@server$ ipa host-del <hostname> --updatedns/

/'ipa: ERROR: <hostname>: host not found'./

The following:

/ipa host-del <hostname>/ (without /--updatedns/ flag) doesn't return this error.

/ipa dnsrecord-del <zone> <hostname>/ works fine as well, meaning I have permission to view and delete DNS records.

I think it might be related to the following issue:

Please advise.

Best,

Olivier Cervello | DevOps Engineer
CCC Information Services Inc.
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 900 Chicago, IL 60654
Cell : 312-918-6018
_ocervello@cccis.com_

Hello,

if you are kinited as admin, it should work.

I need more information, what is your zone, record and hostname which are failing.

Or better, if you are willing to do some debugging

1. please set debug=true in /etc/ipa/default.conf on server
2. apachectl graceful
3. execute host-del --updatedns
4. send us related entries from /var/log/httpd/error_log
5. remove debug line from default.conf and apachectl graceful

Martin