Hi,

we had some trouble with sssd in the past as well on machines which
suffer from a high IO load (cluster nodes running scientific calculations).

Following a suggestion from the list here, we moved the local sssd cache
into a tmpfs, so our fstab contains now a

tmpfs   /var/lib/sss/db tmpfs   size=50M,auto 1 2

That solved our problem with sssd. I'm not sure it would help you, but
maybe still worth a thought..

BR

 TH

--