Hi!,

I had successfully set up ipa in our qa environment, but since we are
running cenots 6, i just got 3.0.25 version of IPA.

I wanted to try out the latest 4.x version, for server by using a centos 7
OS. But have few questions regarding that

Will there be compatibility issues, if I use a server at 4.x and clients at
3.0.25

Another question is,
>From the documentation, I see that theres an option to manually configure a
client where in we do not have to install freeipa-client using
ipa-client-install

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/FreeIPA_Guide/linux-manual.html

So that way , I can install the latest version of freeipa server and make
my clients also be able to use the latest verison without actually
installing it.

But, are there any issues with this approach, and how does it differ from
doing a ipa-client-install on the client machine.

Thanks,
Rakesh