On Mon, 14 Mar 2016, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 03:34:27PM +0200, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Sun, 13 Mar 2016, lejeczek wrote:
>IPA install process configured in sssd.conf:
>[domain/new.Domain]
>cache_credentials = True
>krb5_store_password_if_offline = True
>ipa_domain = newDomain
>id_provider = ipa
>[domain/default]  # < this is ldap that existed before, kbr5 related
>options are new additions
>autofs_provider = ldap
>cache_credentials = True
>krb5_realm = new.Domain
>ldap_search_base = dc=old,dc=domain
>id_provider = ldap
>krb5_server = a.host
>
>[sssd]
>services = nss, sudo, pam, autofs, ssh
>config_file_version = 2
>domains =new.Domain
>
>so here I wonder, what's the meaning of kbr5 related options and why
>install process put it into default domain which it did not include later
>in sssd section.
FreeIPA installer doesn't touch 'default' domain section at all. It
always operates on the section named 'domain/<domain name>'.

Actually, that does not seem what I experience.

On RHEL 6.7 and RHEL 7.2, I've tried to start with sssd.conf
containing

        [domain/default]
        autofs_provider = ldap
        cache_credentials = True
        ldap_search_base = dc=old,dc=domain
        id_provider = ldap

I tried ipa-server-install and I tried ipa-client-install. In both
cases, the resulting sssd.conf had the [domain/default] section
removed. So something in the process seems to care about that section
-- maybe not the installer, maybe authconfig or something else.
If sssd.conf exists, IPA installer (ipa-client-install) will back the
file up. If there is a clash in config, it will start a fresh because
you anyway have a backup copy.

On the other hand, I was not able to reproduce the chaneg to the
content of the domain/default section that lejeczek reports. I guess
we will need more detailed steps to reproduce, including the exact
original sssd.conf and versions of relevant packages.
I suspect somebody ran authconfig separately to configure some options
and it ruined sssd.conf.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy