On 31.03.2016 16:09, McNiel, Craig wrote:
I was installing a 7 host IPA with ipa01 being the CA and the others being replicas of this node. This was to be the production installation of IPA and the admins/users started using it prior to the installation being completed and before I had snapshots/backup created of the servers.

The ipa01 host disk was corrupted so I no longer have a CA just the other 6 nodes. How can I install/promote or otherwise recreate the CA? I have looked online for instructions but, I run into issues almost immediately with the accuracy for the version I'm using in the documenation as many of the files it indicates need updates don't even exist.

Thanks

ipa-python-4.2.0-15.el7.centos.3.x86_64
ipa-admintools-4.2.0-15.el7.centos.3.x86_64
ipa-server-dns-4.2.0-15.el7.centos.3.x86_64
sssd-ipa-1.13.0-40.el7_2.1.x86_64
ipa-server-4.2.0-15.el7.centos.3.x86_64
libipa_hbac-1.13.0-40.el7_2.1.x86_64
ipa-client-4.2.0-15.el7.centos.3.x86_64

Hello,

Several things are not clear to me from you email. Can you please answer following questions?

Do you have CA installed on other replicas?
Do you have backup of the original server (ipa-backup, or snapshot)?
Which documentation did you follow?
What did you try?

Martin Basti