On 11.04.2016 19:01, Zak Wolfinger wrote:
We are running FreeIPA 3.0 (Dogtag 9) on CentOS and want to migrate to the latest version.

I understand that FreeIPA 3.1 introduced Dogtag 10 and there is no “upgrade” but can be accomplished as a “migration”.

However we are not currently using CA so that may simplify things.

Can I just do this?
1. Create a new  replica VM running 4.3.1
2. Make sure it syncs up with the 3.0 primary and test
3. Promote the new replica to primary
4. Remove all the old 3.0 replicas
5. Build new 4.3.1 replicas
6. ??
7. Profit

What do you experienced people think?  What am I missing?

This may help
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html-single/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/index.html#upgrading

There is covered migration form RHEL 6 to RHEL 7, it should work
Martin

Cheers,
*Zak Wolfinger*

Infrastructure Engineer  |  Emma®