On Wed, 27 Apr 2016, Sullivan, Daniel [AAA] wrote:
Hi,

I have a trusted AD domain that I am enumerating object via IPA.  I
wanted to know if i should be able to manipulate the uidNumber and
gidNumber stored in the default ID view via by using the ldapmodify
command, for example, for this DN (not local):

uid=u...@domain.edu<mailto:uid=u...@domain.edu>,cn=users,cn=compat,dc=ipatst,dc=cri,dc=uchicago,dc=edu

Should it be possible to modify this via IPA’s LDAP implementation
(using ldapmodify)?  I appreciate you taking the time to answer my
question.
No. The subtree in cn=compat,$SUFFIX is read-only and is generated every
time you restart LDAP server.

uid/gid in default ID View are managed via
idoverrideuser/idoverridegroup set of commands.

See 'ipa help idviews' for details.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy