On 04/29/2016 12:37 PM, Prashant Bapat wrote:
> Hi Petr,
>
> Thanks for the response. But my question was more towards the cases where
> there
> is a slight delay in entering the OTP in the web UI and it reaching the IPA
> server. This actually can happen with ANY time window.
>
> There are couple of scenarios.
>
> 1. Network delays.
> 2. User enters the OTP token and takes a few seconds before pressing submit.

> 3. User has to enter OTP first and then the password. This is the case when
> changing password in IPA at the moment when OTP is on.

Actually password change scenario is:
1. oldpassword + otp
2. old password + otp2 + new password + confirm new password

> Is there a way to make IPA honor either the current token (obviously!) or 1
> elapsed token?

Actually it may be done this way, but I'm not sure.

> This will go a long way in making FreeIPA's OTP implementation much more
> usable.

Either way, as I said in the previous mail, try HOTP tokens. They don't
use time windows and therefore the above is not an issue.

--
Petr Vobornik