On (03/05/16 18:25), Hosakote Nagesh, Pawan wrote:
>Currently this is the error I m stuck with. There isn’t enough material online
>to proceed further. Failure starts with bus error..
>
>Logs during ipa-client-install..
>====================================
>
>Synchronizing time with KDC...
>Password for service_...@eaz.ebayc3.com:
>Successfully retrieved CA cert
>    Subject:     CN=Certificate Authority,O=EAZ.EBAYC3.COM
>    Issuer:      CN=Certificate Authority,O=EAZ.EBAYC3.COM
>    Valid From:  Mon Dec 07 05:17:30 2015 UTC
>    Valid Until: Fri Dec 07 05:17:30 2035 UTC
>

>Enrolled in IPA realm EAZ.EBAYC3.COM
>Created /etc/ipa/default.conf
>New SSSD config will be created
>Configured /etc/sssd/sssd.conf
>Configured /etc/krb5.conf for IPA realm EAZ.EBAYC3.COM
>dbus failed to start: Command '/usr/sbin/service dbus start ' returned
>non-zero exit status 1
I think the error message is clear.
There was a problem with starting dbus service within a container.

>certmonger failed to stop: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>'/var/run/ipa/services.list'
>certmonger request for host certificate failed
>2016-05-02 22:11:53,099 CRIT reaped unknown pid 241)
>.
>
>On 5/3/16, 1:45 AM, "Lukas Slebodnik" <lsleb...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>On (29/04/16 17:16), Hosakote Nagesh, Pawan wrote:
>>>Thanks for your quick response. I am trying this on ubuntu.
>>>
>>>This is the bug I m facing right now:
>>>https://lists.launchpad.net/freeipa/msg00236.html
>>>They say its fixed in Trusty release of Ubuntu. But it doesn’t work for me.
>>>There is no other material also
>>>On how to fix this dbus error.
>>>
>>>root@jupyterhub:/#  lsb_release -rd
>>>Release:    14.04
>>>root@jupyterhub:/#
>>Do I understand it correctly that you want to build your own image
>>based on ubuntu?
>>
>>If answer is yes then I would recommend to use ubuntu xenial (16.04).
>>
>>But the benefit of container technologies is that you can use
>>image based on different distribution and therefore it would be the
>>best if you could use https://hub.docker.com/r/fedora/sssd/
>>(which was already mentioned.

May I know why you do not want to use existing working contianer
based on image fedora/sssd.

You would save some time with troubleshooting things which were already solved.

If you want a help then please provide more info.
I assume you use docker and not lxd (based on subject)
Please share details how did you build an image and how do you
run container ...

LS