On 05/05/2016 03:54 PM, Andrew Holway wrote:
Hello,

We've been using Freeipa on Centos for a while and found one day that
the replication stuff was broken and that the LDAP database on our pair
of IPA servers was inconsistent. We didn't know how long this had been
broken for but we were not able to repair it either.

We use AWS so we've now deployed RHEL AMI's and are now using IdM so we
can get support when this is breaking but I am a bit stuck how to
monitor that the replication is still working.

So is there some monitoring mechanisms in FreeIPA?

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

to check the status of a replica you can use the following command:

"""
ipa-replica-manage list -v replica1.ipa.test
master1.ipa.test: replica
  last init status: None
  last init ended: 1970-01-01 00:00:00+00:00
last update status: 0 Replica acquired successfully: Incremental update succeeded
  last update ended: 2016-05-05 14:29:01+00:00
"""

--
Martin^3 Babinsky