Everything is fine until the users in AD domain ext.example.com gets the UPN
suffix of the root AD domain - example.com - which is pretty common scenario.
Example:
user at ext.examaple.com is set in AD with UPN user at example.com

In this situation I am not able to login into my linux box with user at
example.com
I have seen some open tickets on this issue 3559 and others, and they are
marked as fixed in IPA 4.2 ... but I not sure if its already fixed in current
packages.
Currently I am testing on RHEL7 with ipa-server-4.2.0-15.el7_2.6.1.x86_64 and
the same situation is on Fedora 23 with freeipa-server-4.2.4-1.fc23.x86_64.
I have default settings - no changes in krb5.conf and sssd.conf after ipa
trust-add.
Also I have found the workaround to set in krb5.conf (see topic: Cannot find
KDC for realm "MYDOMAIN.NET" - AD trust and UPN issues in RH archive ) - add
another realm just with EXT.EXAMPLE.COM = { kdc = ad.ext.example.com:88 } - but
no effect.
Could you please confirm, that its possible to use IPA with different UPN
suffix for users in AD than the domain name in which they are exists ? Is there
any additional configuration needed to fix this scenario ?

Regards,
Jan