On 11.05.2016 16:13, Outback Dingo wrote:

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 3:50 PM, Jan Pazdziora <jpazdzi...@redhat.com <mailto:jpazdzi...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 09:27:44PM +0000, Hosakote Nagesh, Pawan
    wrote:
    > Our apps are running in a docker image based on Ubuntu 14.04
    that cannot be changed to redhat. We want to install
    freeipa-clietn within this docker so that our app
    > Uses freeipa ldap as against default ldap.
    >
    > The freeipa-client gets successfully installed in Ubuntu 14.04
    plain machine, that why is why I am hoping making it run in a
    Ubun14.04 docker should also be very much possible.

    > As you can see the things get stuck in not starting bus process
    properly(this problem is not seen in ubuntu on plain machine). I
    cannot see much debug statements by enabling —debug option in
    ipa-client-install.
    > Its not clear why this process doesn’t get started and what is
    missing in container as against plain machine which is making this
    install fail.

    > I am on to this issue for 2 full days now. I am pasting whatever
    debug statements I got during install, here:

    > Command
    > —————
    > ipa-client-install —domain=<ourdoamin> —server= <ourserver>
    hostname=jupyterhub.com <http://jupyterhub.com> --no-ntp
    --no-dns-sshfp

    > Log (After Error starts to happen)
    > —————
    > Attached
    >
    > My main suspect is dbus service unable to start in this
    container where it launches on a plain machine.

    Certainly.

    What steps did you take to make dbus startable in the container? Do
    you have the dbus package installed?

not to fork the subject, but it would be nice it there was a freeipa server on docker....

https://hub.docker.com/r/adelton/freeipa-server/

this?

    --
    Jan Pazdziora
    Senior Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management