Tuned out to be the default_domain_suffix setting. It appears our RHEL 6.5
installs ignore it but RHEL 6.8 doesn't. Now that the setting actually does
something I've discovered my setting was wrong.
From: Lukas Slebodnik [mailto:lsleb...@redhat.com]
Sent: May 12, 2016 12:09 AM
To: Watson, Dan
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] getent passwd returns usern...@domain.com for
On (11/05/16 17:17), Watson, Dan wrote:
>I've run into some strangeness and I just haven't been able to find a solution
>On my existing RHEL 6.5 servers everything runs fine. I do not use the IPA
>client install but rather manually setup SSSD, LDAP and Kerberos. We've got a
>RHEL 6.8 machine that just was added to IPA and it's showing some strangeness.
The output looks like with disabled option
The output looks like with enabled option
By default it should be false.
However, if you use default_domain_suffix then the default value is true.
This bug fix was introduced in 1.13.0
Manage your subscription for the Freeipa-users mailing list:
Go to http://freeipa.org for more info on the project