From: Lukas Slebodnik [mailto:lsleb...@redhat.com]
Sent: May 12, 2016 12:09 AM
To: Watson, Dan
Cc: freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] getent passwd returns usern...@domain.com for
username

On (11/05/16 17:17), Watson, Dan wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I've run into some strangeness and I just haven't been able to find a solution
>online.
>
>On my existing RHEL 6.5 servers everything runs fine. I do not use the IPA
>client install but rather manually setup SSSD, LDAP and Kerberos. We've got a
>RHEL 6.8 machine that just was added to IPA and it's showing some strangeness.
>
>RHEL 6.5:
>getent passwd
>username:*:12345678:12345678:User Name:/home/username:/bin/bash

The output looks like with disabled option
use_fully_qualified_names.

>RHEL 6.8:
>getent passwd
>usern...@domain.com:*:12345678:12345678:User  Name:/home/username:/bin/bash

The output looks like with enabled option
use_fully_qualified_names.

By default it should be false.
However, if you use default_domain_suffix then the default value is true.
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2569

This bug fix was introduced in 1.13.0

LS