I would start by reading the documentation [1].

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/automount.html

Josh

From: freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com
[mailto:freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com] On Behalf Of Ben .T.George
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 10:04 AM
To: Michael ORourke <mrorou...@earthlink.net>
Cc: freeipa-users <freeipa-users@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] AD users home directory automount

HI,

Thanks for the reply.

actually i don't want to share from my Trusted AD. My san has cifs and NFS
capability.

in this case how can i proceed? usually while installing client, i used to give
below options

ipa-client-install --server global.ipa.local  --domain ipa.local --mkhomedir
--fixed-primary

so whenever user loggedin, it creates home directory automatically under
/home/DOMAIN/user.

regards,
Ben

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Michael ORourke