All,

FreeIPA as we've discovered has some wonderful Windows integration
capability, but it is all predicated on Windows AD being the
authoritative source of user information.  2-Way trusts are great, but
they only work for kerberotized applications, not native Windows rights
(that would require FreeIPA to act as global catalog as I learned from
Alexander).  The winsync capability does not, as it turns out, sync
native IPA users to AD.

The million dollar question is if you are 90% Linux shop and FreeIPA is
your authoritative user repository (AD is a blank slate), how do you
perform local Windows login authentication for the 10% of Windows
machines against FreeIPA?

Thank you all!

John