On 31.05.2016 17:36, Michael Rainey (Contractor) wrote:

Greetings community,

I've run into an interesting problem which may be old hat to all of you. I was working to bring down my IPA master server and did it improperly. It was a rookie mistake, but I'm willing to view it as an exercise in recovering from a massive system failure.

The original master server is gone with no way of recovering and I have managed to replace the server by promoting one of my replicas, but I find myself in a situation where I cannot remove the original master server from the LDAP directory. It is still seen as a master server and the webUI will not let me delete the system from directory server. Is there a process somewhere that will walk me through demoting the old server so I can delete it from the directory and officially promote its replacement?

For reference, I followed the steps located at this link.

Centos 7.2 / freeIPA 4.2

Your help is greatly appreciated.

--
*Michael Rainey*

Hello,

can you next time please continue with just one thread please?

You haven't replied if this works for you https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2016-May/msg00521.html

regards,
Martin