We have previously used a script to send "password expiration" reminders to our users. The script did this by doing LDAP search and checking krbLastPwdChange and krbPasswordExpiration. This seems to have stopped working, possibly a while ago. It now looks like the script is unable to match anything with the following filter:

"(&(!(nsAccountLock=TRUE))(krbLastPwdChange<=$(date +%Y%m%d --date='-1 week')000000Z)(krbPasswordExpiration<=$(date +%Y%m%d --date='+1 week')000000Z))"

...that is, unless I run it manually and tell ldapsearch I want to use GSSAPI.

What's the best / proper way of implementing something like this on a more recent IPA (say, running on RHEL 7.2 with IPA 4.2.0) ? I see some possible methods but none of these feel "right":

* I can hardcode an admin user + password in the script, and have it run "kinit"
* I can create a keytab file for a user and use that
* I can modify ACL/ACIs in 389ds

Am I overlooking a nice and obvious solution? :)

Regards
Eivind Olsen