Hello,

I have system running Ubuntu 16.04 running the ipa client 4.3. I am trying to enable smartcard logins through lightdm. I have implemented some of my previous configurations on my Centos 7.2 systems. Obviously, there are differences between the two distros, so the big question is what are these differences. Has anyone had success using a smartcard to log into an Ubuntu system using freeIPA IdM.

I have verified the cert_auth is set to true in the sssd.conf file. My certificates are installed, and the machine does recognize my card while inserted into the reader.

Thanks in advance.

--
*Michael*