On Fri, 10 Jun 2016, Jan Karásek wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to setup external DNS for IPA with AD trust.
I have set all records in DNS according doc but in the internal IPA DNS I can
see 3 more DNS records which are not mentioned in doc. They were set
automatically during ipa trust-add commnad I guess:

_kerberos._udp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs
_kerberos._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs
_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs

Could you please explained what are they good for and if they should be added
to the external DNS as well ?
Active Directory uses them to discover default site of IPA. This is
standard behavior of Active Directory regarding any Active Directory.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy