Hi,

is it possible that ipa-server-certinstall couldnt handle private keys without password ?

i would test it with a self-signed certificate and test private key file secured with password, but i dont know whats happen after entering a valid private key unlock password. Could i stop the certificate import process at this point, so no change will happen to my productive ipa server ?

regards,
Andreas
Hi,

i try to replace the self signed certificate from the ipa installation
with this description:

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Using_3rd_part_certificates_for_HTTP/LDAP

ipa-server-certinstall -w -d mysite.key mysite.crt

The tool ask for the private key unlock passwort. The private key was
generated without passwort. I tried out to press only the enter key, but
it doesnt help. So iam confused. The certificate and keyfile are in PEM
format.

For testing I converted the private key with:

openssl rsa -in -out

because i want to know if openssl ask me for a password, but it doesnt.

My version number is FreeIPA 4.1.

regards,
Andreas