I want a role the user snapmgr belongs to that can add, delete snapon group
member users and reset/change their passwords and unlock their accounts

When I login as snapmgr and attempt to reset the password of user snaptestuser1
(member of snapon group), it fails with "Insufficient access: Insufficient
access rights".

What did I miss?  What are the minimum permission effective attribs are needed
to be checked?

OK, so I created:

1)  A user snapmgr to the be group manager, able to reset passwords of snapon
users (members of the snapon group)
2)  A role named snapon-manage, and assigned user snapmgr as the member user
3)  A privilege named snapon_management_privileges
4)  A permission named snap_user_passwd, assigned to the
snapon_management_privileges privilege, which is assigned to the snapon-manage
role

PERMISSION SETTINGS:
        Bind rule type:  x  permission
        Granted rights:
                x  read
                x   write
                x   add
                x   delete
                x   all
TARGET:
        Type:  user

        Tagret DN:  blank

        Member of group:  snapon

        Effective attributes:
                x description
                x ipasshpubkey
                x homedirectory
                x userpassword
                x krbprincipalname
                x krblastadminunlock

Larry Rosen - Linux System Administrator
JDR Solutions, Inc
8606 Allisonville Road, Suite 245
Indianapolis, IN 46250
www.jdrsolutions.com