Hello,

I am assuming this is the AD trust user that is having the problem with HBAC, in my testing I was only allowed access when the HBAC rule is linked to the IDM POSIX AD trust group and not the external group used to retrieve AD trust users. I noticed the following in the logs which is why I mention this:

   /(Tue Jul 12 13:30:12 2016) [sssd[be[ipa.cri.uchicago.edu]]]
   [hbac_user_attrs_to_rule] (0x2000): Added non-POSIX group
   [cri-cri_server_administrators_external] to rule
   [cri-cri_server_administrators_allow_all]/

If this does not help, could you share with us more about the HBAC rule 'cri-cri_server_administrators_allow_all' and how it is configured?

        # ipa hbacrule-show 'cri-cri_server_administrators_allow_all'

Kind regards,

Justin Stephenson