Harry Kashouli wrote:
I tried uncommenting everything in the ipa-rewrite.conf file, but it
still changed the web address. I'll try clearing the cache, in case that
was still remembering the links.

I may be attacking my original thought badly, if this is going to be bad
for security. I'm wanting to allow users to change their passwords
remotely, so I figured giving them public access to the Web UI was the
way to go. Is there a better solution?

Moving back to list.

Getting the rewrite rules right can be tricky sometimes. You might have an easier time using a proxy instead. Exposing the UI increases the attack surface area so as usual it's a balance of security and convenience that you need to assess.

A community portal was started last summer but has largely stalled. This is the long-term plan for what you're looking for. The design and a pointer to the current code is at https://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Community_Portal

rob

-Harry

On 11 July 2016 at 19:56, Rob Crittenden <rcrit...@redhat.com