On Sun, 17 Jul 2016, Sullivan, Daniel [AAA] wrote:
Have you tried different settings for ldap_schema (should be easy to test)?

http://linux.die.net/man/5/sssd-ldap

Dan

On Jul 16, 2016, at 4:19 PM, Peter Pakos
<pe...@pakos.uk<mailto:pe...@pakos.uk>> wrote:

Hi,

I'm about to move our FreeIPA platform into production on Monday but
I've just noticed a worrying issue with sssd - getent group is not
showing group members and id is not showing secondary groups.

Currently all our servers are configured with sssd using our old LDAP
(389-ds) as a backend. It works great, id shows all my secondary
groups:

# id peter.pakos
uid=1396(peter.pakos) gid=511(Engineering)
groups=511(Engineering),718(DevOps),701(SSHAllow)

After re-configuring sssd to use FreeIPA's LDAP directory, id is only
showing primary group, the secondary groups are missing:

# id peter.pakos
uid=1396(peter.pakos) gid=511(engineering) groups=511(engineering)

Similarly, getent is not showing group members:

# getent group engineering
engineering:*:511:
Your sssd configuration does not mention what DN is used to bind to the
LDAP server to retrieve the data. This means you are using anonymous
bind. Since FreeIPA 4.0 there is a number of attributes that are not
available to anonymous binds, including 'member' and 'memberof'. Thus,
SSSD does not see membership information when using anonymous binds.

In normally enrolled IPA clients host/ipa.client@IPA.REALM Kerberos
principal is used to bind to LDAP with GSSAPI when SSSD talks to LDAP
server, thus all binds are authenticated and 'member'/'memberof'
attributes are accessible.

So you either need to enroll machines to IPA and switch your sssd.conf
to use 'ipa' providers instead of ldap, or define a system account that
can be used to bind to LDAP by your sssd clients. In short term
perspective that would probably be an easier fix. For the latter see
sssd-ldap(5), ldap_default_bind_dn, ldap_default_authtok options.

Environment:

# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)
# ipa --version
VERSION: 4.2.0, API_VERSION: 2.156

This is an example sssd.conf file I'm using in my tests:

[domain/ipa.wandisco.com<http://ipa.wandisco.com/>]
ldap_tls_reqcert = demand
ldap_id_use_start_tls = True
cache_credentials = True
ldap_search_base = cn=accounts,dc=ipa,dc=wandisco,dc=com
ldap_group_search_base = cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=ipa,dc=wandisco,dc=com
ldap_user_search_base = cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=ipa,dc=wandisco,dc=com
id_provider = ldap
auth_provider = ldap
chpass_provider = ldap
ldap_uri = ldaps://shdc01.ipa.wandisco.com<http://shdc01.ipa.wandisco.com/>,
ldaps://shdc02.ipa.wandisco.com<http://shdc02.ipa.wandisco.com/>,
ldaps://ashb01.ipa.wandisco.com<http://ashb01.ipa.wandisco.com/>,
ldaps://ashb02.ipa.wandisco.com<http://ashb02.ipa.wandisco.com/>,
ldaps://frem01.ipa.wandisco.com<http://frem01.ipa.wandisco.com/>
ldap_tls_cacert = /etc/ipa/ca.crt

[sssd]
services = nss, pam
config_file_version = 2
domains = ipa.wandisco.com<http://ipa.wandisco.com/>

[nss]

[pam]

[sudo]

[autofs]

[ssh]

Am I missing anything in the sssd configuration?

Kind regards,
Peter Pakos

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If the reader of this e-mail message is not the intended recipient, you are
communication is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender and destroy all copies of the transmittal.

Thank you
University of Chicago Medicine and Biological Sciences

/ Alexander Bokovoy