Jan Pazdziora wrote:
On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 11:10:21AM +0200, bahan w wrote:

I'm using ipa 3.0.0.47.

I have an architecture where the IPA server is located on a secure zone,
not accessible from anyone.

The IPA server has 2 network interfaces :
- IP1
- IP2

In the secure zone, the IP1 network is used for the communication between
the servers.
The IP2 is used for administrators to connect to the servers inside the
secure zone.

The only way to connect to the IPA server for external users is a proxy
which allows us to connect to the IP2.

I installed the ipa-server using the IP1 network interface.
When I try to connect through proxy to the IPA webui, I use the IP2 network
interface.

My problem is the following :
I type the following URL :
https://<IP2>

It redirects me to the following URL :
https://<IP1>/ipa/ui

When I try https://<IP2>/ipa/ui, it redirects me to https://<IP1>/ipa/ui.

[...]

httpd    2433 apache    4u  IPv4 xxxxxx      0t0  TCP *:https (LISTEN)
httpd    2434 apache    4u  IPv4 xxxxxx      0t0  TCP *:https (LISTEN)
httpd   30861   root    4u  IPv4 xxxxxx      0t0  TCP *:https (LISTEN)
###

Is there something I am missing in the IPA configuration for the WebUI
please ?

Perhaps

        https://www.adelton.com/freeipa/freeipa-behind-proxy-with-different-name

could give some hints.

It was tested on FreeIPA 4.* -- on 3.0, you might need to tweak it
a bit but the theory and goal should be the same.

It is the mod_rewrite rules in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ipa-rewrite.conf doing the redirects. As Jan points out there are going to be hostname issues, etc that his blog should help with.