Michael Sean Conley wrote:
UID binding - I believe - from what I saw in the script.

I ran the nifty search...  First on user "binding"...

Got an error 32.

tried it with ddfusr

# ldapsearch -Z -H ldap://aba-idam.aba.home.com -D
'uid=ddfusr,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=aba,dc=home,dc=com' -W -b
'cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=aba,dc=home,dc=com' '(uid=ddfusr)' cn
Enter LDAP Password:
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=aba,dc=home,dc=com> with scope subtree
# filter: (uid=ddfusr)
# requesting: cn
#

# ddfusr, users, accounts, aba.home.com
dn: uid=ddfusr,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=aba,dc=home,dc=com
cn: ddf user

# search result
search: 3
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

Fabulous.

So, I then checked the java xml file...

  <jaas:config name="karaf" rank="1">
     <jaas:module
className="org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules.ldap.LDAPLoginModule"
                  flags="required">
       initialContextFactory=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory
       connection.username=cn=ddfusr
       connection.password=iloveaba!
       connection.url=ldaps://aba-idam.aba.house.com:636
       user.base.dn=cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=aba,dc=house,dc=com
       user.filter=(uid=%u)
       user.search.subtree=true
       role.base.dn=cn=JBoss,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=aba,dc=house,dc=com
       role.name.attribute=cn

role.filter=(member=uid=%u,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=aba,dc=house,dc=com)
       role.search.subtree=true
       role.mapping=admin=group,admin,manager,viewer,webconsole
       authentication=simple
       ssl.protocol=SSL
       ssl.truststore=truststore
       ssl.algorithm=PKIX
     </jaas:module>
   </jaas:config>

and I tried to log in with the ddfusr account and....

Error 32.

You're still using the wrong user to bind. There is no cn=ddfusr. At best there is a uid=ddfusr if the user.base is automatically added (which it probably isn't).

It probably needs to be uid=ddfusr,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=aba,dc=home,dc=com just like in the ldapsearch.