I am trying to create a new automember rule to assign certain user classes into
a default group using the web GUI, however it fails with the message

FreeIPA, version: 4.2.0

        IPA Error 4001: NotFound
        Default group for new users is not POSIX

But it (xfstest) IS a POSIX group and I've disabled UPG:

        [root@ipa-idm-01 ~]#  ipa-managed-entries -e "UPG Definition" status
        Plugin Disabled

What's up with this.  Why does nearly every operation I try in this server
fail?  The Identity Manager Guide really sucks, it has few real world examples
to go by.  Does the expression have to be an expression rather than a value?
Must I create an expression with some sort of pattern matching ( * . + etc.)
like ^xfstest_class* ?

1) created a POSIX group
        Group name      xfstest
        Group Type      POSIX