Larry Rosen wrote:
How do I set the password on a chroot jailed sftp id account that is not
allowed a shell to not expire its password after setting it?  There’s no
way to change it to the fixed password I want.

I have created a service_account password policy that has no expiration
(set to Max lifetime (days) = 20000 ).

More details are needed. Did you create a service account user or are you using an IPA user?

You created a new password policy, is the sftp account in that group?

Why can't you set the password to what you want?