On 11.09.2016 20:15, Richard Harmonson wrote:
Is there an option to disable the various DNS checks using ipa-server-install with FreeIPA 4.3.2? Is there plans to do provide the option in future releases? Reviewing the ipa-server-install man page, I am not seeing it.

I want to compliment the team for placing safeguards on the installation of FreeIPA in respect to DNS best practices. I get the need to help some of the installers that may not have a strong grasp of DNS. However, there are scenarios where the checks becomes installation blockers or result in undesirable results. I am not trying to be mysterious, but I have no desire to embarrass third parties on their DNS faux pas. Thank you.

Hello, which check exactly do you mean?

For zone overlap there is --allow-zone-overlap option. This was added in 4.3

Martin