On Fri, 16 Sep 2016, Troels Hansen wrote:
Hi, we are having some issues creating a IPA-AD trust, using password, and not
shared secret, because of the error where name routing not getting created on
AD if using shared secret.

We have a AD domain tree with a top level domain and a domain below that where
the users are located. We try to join the top level domain as a trust exists
between those tow domains.

Everything worked in our test setup, where we joined using a shared secret.

We try to join our AD using this command:
ipa trust-add <ROOT REALM> --type=ad --admin <DOMAIN MASTER USER> @<REALM>
--password

However, we receive one of these two error messages:

ipa: ERROR: CIFS server communication error: code "- 1073741712 ",
message "Invalid workstation" (both may be "None")

ipa: ERROR: AD domain controller complains about communication
sequence. It may mean unsynchronized time on both sides, for example

I think the first message was caused by some login restrictions on the user
used to join, as it seems we don't receive that error massage anymore, and we
receive the second error every time we try to join.

We have tried pointing it to a specific server with the "--server" option, but
that didn't change anything.

If you add 'log level = 50' to /usr/share/ipa/smb.conf.empty, then
/var/log/httpd/error_log will contain detailed debug information from
IPA attempts to talk to AD DCs.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy