On to, 29 syys 2016, Sébastien Julliot wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am trying to integrate a samba server over my freeipa install. For the
moment, basics first,

the samba server is on the same machine as freeipa (which fqdn is
"freeipa2.ljll.math.upmc.fr").

Yet I am unable to make it work correctly following the official howto
<http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Integrating_a_Samba_File_Server_With_IPA>.

/I must precise that I am running on an Ubuntu 16.04 server./

Here are the steps :

0) ipa-adtrust-install

   -> everything correct
No, it is not.

Read this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+bug/1552249

All your errors are due to mix of Heimdal and MIT Kerberos libraries in
the same process namespace.

There is no solution for Ubuntu atm.

1) installing required packages

   -> needed to change the names to "apt-get install freeipa-client libwbclient-sssd
samba samba-client" but worked fine

2) |ipa-client-install --mkhomedir|

   -> as we are on the same server, ipa-client is already installed

3) |ipa service-add cifs/freeipa2.ljll.math.upmc.fr|

   -> seems to be working fine, yet not doing it gives the exact same results
later ..

4) |ipa-getkeytab -s freeipa2.ljll.math.upmc.fr -p
cifs/freeipa2.ljll.math.upmc.fr -k /etc/samba/samba.keytab|

|    -> OK|

|5) Editing /etc/samba/smb.conf|

|6) enabling samba /home sharing -> no selinux here so nothing to do 7)
restart samba -> OK |

freeipa2.ljll.math.upmc.fr` gives :

||krb5_init_context failed (invalid argument)

smb_krb5_context_init_basic failed (invalid argument)

Failed to initialize kerberos context! (invalid argument)

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_NO_MEMORY

Editing /etc/samba/smb.conf to comment the `security = ads` line makes
it more verbose:

krb5_init_context failed (Argument invalide)

smb_krb5_context_init_basic failed (Argument invalide)

Domain=[LJLL] OS=[Windows 6.1] Server=[Samba 4.3.11-Ubuntu]

   Sharename       Type      Comment

   ---------       ----      -------

krb5_init_context failed (Argument invalide)

smb_krb5_context_init_basic failed (Argument invalide)

   print$          Disk      Printer Drivers

   shared          Disk

   IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (freeipa2 server (Samba, Ubuntu))

krb5_init_context failed (Argument invalide)

smb_krb5_context_init_basic failed (Argument invalide)

Domain=[LJLL] OS=[Windows 6.1] Server=[Samba 4.3.11-Ubuntu]

   Server               Comment

   FREEIPA2             freeipa2 server (Samba, Ubuntu)

   Workgroup            Master

   LJLL

Does anyone have ideas how to solve this ?

Many thanks in advance,
Sebastien.

/ Alexander Bokovoy