Michael Ströder wrote:
HI!

I'd like to add some custom entries (custom STRUCTURAL object class) to FreeIPA
tree in 389-DS. But I'd like to make sure that there won't be any issues when
upgrading the system later on.

So where to add a container for those custom objects?
At top-level domain entry?

Yeah, something off dc=example,dc=com is probably the "safest" place. No guarantees can be made. It might make sense to file an RFE for IPA to create a container to put custom containers into.

BTW: Is there documentation describing the DIT in detail?

This is about all there is AFAIK, http://www.freeipa.org/page/FreeIPAv1:UsingRhdsWithIpa