On 11/04/2016 04:52 PM, Alessandro De Maria wrote:
Hello,

I have a FreeIPA installation that is working very nicely, we already
have configured many hosts and so far we are quite happy with it.

I was trying to connect Ansible to fetch hosts from FreeIPA using the
freeipa.py script
(https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/devel/contrib/inventory/freeipa.py)

Unfortunately when I run it, I get the following:

*ipa: ERROR: cert validation failed for
"CN=id1.prod.**xxxxxxxx**.com,O=PROD.xxxxxxxx.COM
<http://PROD.xxxxxxxx.COM>" ((SEC_ERROR_UNTRUSTED_ISSUER) Peer's
certificate issuer has been marked as not trusted by the user.)*
*ipa: ERROR: cert validation failed for
"CN=id2.prod.**xxxxxxxx**.com,O=PROD.xxxxxxxx.COM
<http://PROD.xxxxxxxx.COM>" ((SEC_ERROR_UNTRUSTED_ISSUER) Peer's
certificate issuer has been marked as not trusted by the user.)*
*Traceback (most recent call last):*
*  File "./freeipa.py", line 82, in <module>*
*    api = initialize()*
*  File "./freeipa.py", line 17, in initialize*
*    api.Backend.rpcclient.connect()*
*  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ipalib/backend.py", line 66,
in connect*
*    conn = self.create_connection(*args, **kw)*
*  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ipalib/rpc.py", line 939, in
create_connection*
*    error=', '.join(urls))*
*ipalib.errors.NetworkError: cannot connect to 'any of the configured
servers': https://id1.prod.**xxxxxxxx**.com/ipa/json,
https://id2.prod.**xxxxxxxx**.com/ipa/json*

If I curl the URL, it works just fine ( I imported the CA Certificate in
the system directory /etc/ssl/certs).

I have run `openssl s_client` connect and downloaded the remote
certificate locally, then I run:

# openssl verify cert.pem
# *id1.prod.**xxxxxxxx**.com.pem*: OK

Would you help me figure out what's going on?

--
Alessandro De Maria
alessandro.dema...@gmail.com <mailto:alessandro.dema...@gmail.com>

Hi Alessandro,

this error can mean that the CA certificate in IPA NSS database has wrong trust flags set. Please make sure that there is IPA CA certificate present on /etc/httpd/alias and it has trust flags CT,C,C like this:

# certutil -L -d /etc/httpd/alias/

Certificate Nickname Trust Attributes

SSL,S/MIME,JAR/XPI

ipaCert                                                      u,u,u
Server-Cert                                                  u,u,u
<$REALM> IPA CA                                              CT,C,C

--
Martin^3 Babinsky